David J. Drutz, MD
Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer
- Co-founder, first CEO and chairman (1999-2010) of the board of Tranzyme Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:TZYM).
- Former General Partner of Pacific Rim Ventures, a Tokyo-based VC firm
- Former CEO of Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISPH), a company specializing in respiratory tract and mucous membrane therapeutics that was sold subsequently to Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE:MRK).
- Former Director of MethylGene Inc. (TSX:MYG), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, engaged in the discovery and development of therapeutics for cancer and infectious diseases.
- Former Vice President Biological Sciences and Vice President Clinical Research at Smith Kline and French Laboratories.
- Former Vice President Clinical Development at Daiichi Pharmaceutical Corporation (cancer and infectious diseases).
- Previous senior faculty positions at UC San Francisco, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio and the University of Pennsylvania.
- Former US Navy medical officer.
- Received Medical Degree - University of Louisville; postgraduate training - Vanderbilt University
- Fellow, American College of Physicians and Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Current Board affiliations: Gentris Corporation; Vaxin, Inc. (Chairman); Genome Canada (SIAC: Science and Industry Advisory Committee).
Christopher G. Clement
President and Chief Operating Officer
- Co-founder of Oncogenerix, Inc. a privately-held specialty biopharmaceutical company focused on the in-licensing of oral liquid formulations and oncology-support therapeutics, which was acquired by DARA.
- Former President and CEO of Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:SVNT); refocused company to specialty pharmaceutical company which resulted in a $1 billion market valuation.
- Former Chairman and CEO of Epicyte PharmaServed as Executive VP, Senior VP and Chief Marketing Officer at Ares-Serono GroupHeld a number of senior management positions at Searle Pharmaceuticals LLC - Current Board affiliation: Neos Therapeutics.
- BA in Marketing and Business – Mercy College.
David L. Tousley
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Former Principal of Stratium Consulting Services, specializing in strategic and financial planning and management, corporate governance and business development.
- Former Secretary, Treasurer and CFO of PediatRx, Inc. (OBB: PEDX).
- Former Executive VP and CFO at airPharma, LLC, where he successfully led and completed divestiture of a product line to a UK company.
- Held senior management positions at PediaMed Pharmaceuticals., Inc.; AVAX Technologies, Inc. (OTC: AVXT); Pasteur Merieux Connaught (now Sanofi Pasteur).
- MBA from Rutgers Graduate School of Management.
- Certified Public Accountant in the state of New Jersey.
Vice President Sales, Marketing and Business Development
- Co-founder of Oncogenerix
- Served as VP of Strategic Partnerships & VP of Sales and Marketing of Savient Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SVNT); instrumental in the successful launch and commercial development of Oxandrin.
- Held management position at Genentech, Inc., led sales efforts for all commercial products in the New England Region.
- Former National Sales Director of Insmed Incorporated (Nasdaq:INSM)President of DBI Consulting: worked on the product launches of Mozibil (Genzyme), Kuvan )(BioMarin), and Zanaflex (Accorda).
- BS Degree in Business Administration – Northeastern University.
Michael Radomsky, PhD
Vice President Technical Operations
- Co-founder of Oncogenerix.
- 20 year career with pharmaceutical and small biotechnology start-up companies, including Theravance, Inc. (NASDAQ: THRX); Syntex/Roche, operating subsidiary of Roche Holding (SWX:ROG); and Boehringer-Ingelheim GmbH.
- Participated in the development of products from early development through FDA approval, including OSSIGEL (bFGF injection), Ganirelix, VIBATIV (telavancin injection), and other proprietary anti-infective and oncology products.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering – Johns Hopkins University